Saturday, March 12, 2011

Who Goes On a Date in the Middle of a Freaking Fire?!?!?!? Oh, and i Think I'm Going to Die...

I dizzily got off the tilt-a-whirl, clutching my box of trash bags. I was going to throw up... I ran to a trash can, but thankfully the churning juices in my stomach subsided. I sighed and looked around. The sun was set in the carnival, only half lit lights twinkling. They were not supposed to twinkle, they just were dying out one by one since no one had replaced them since 1984. A loud explosion made me spin around quickly, which upset my stomach once again. I clutched it as i saw a trailer burst into flames. A man ran out of the trailer holding bags of food, shoving what he could save into his mouth and the rest in his pockets. Guess he didn't want to waste good food, well... good wasn't the word for it... The flames began spreading like a disease in my apartment building. Everything became enveloped. Clowns began bicycling away as fast as they could, honking at people to get them out of their way. Children searched for their parents and they ran away to the ever changing exits. The fire flickered along the ground, swallowing anything that stood in its way. Napkins, food, candy, and paper plates were fuel for the inferno. The flames began circling me and a man's stand that had beer and other highly flammable liquids. The man at the counter, a tall, skinny, unkempt man, began trying to save his precious stock. He only had two bottles of Vodka and a bottle of 'Jack Daniels' (actually spelled, 'Jack Danilezz' on the bottle.) before his flammable inventory exploded and he could save no more. He ran away with his few prizes with the rest of the fleeing crowd. As i watched him go I spotted a woman, hand in hand with a clown. They were just walking together, like nothing was wrong.
"Oh Agnes..." The clown sighed.
Who would be on a date in the middle of a freaking fire?!?!? Idiots!!! I turned back. I actually wasn't worried at all... The fire was fun to watch. it was an unstoppable force that destroyed everything. It was beautiful, but horrid at the same time. The smoke ran through my nose and clouded my eyes. Tears streamed down my cheeks but i was smiling from ear to ear. i threw out my arms and just enjoyed the emanating heat, knowing i would suffocate and die eventually. But hell, life was the most horrible thing i had ever experienced, and it was about damn time it was over.
"See ya suckers." I coughed before i fell to the ground, the smoke clouding my vision and sending me to a dark, dark place...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are having fun at the fair. You owe me rent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What the hell?"
    Hans looked up. A chick who looked like she had suffered a severe beating was standing at the end of the street looking at him.
    "Man what the Hell? Your dog just stole my hamburger and ran off."
    The girl moved closer. Hans realized that what he had taken for bruises was actually too much eye makeup.
    "Es tud mir leid..." Hans offered the hamburger back to her.
    "Hell no! I don't know what your damn dirty dog did to it!"
    Hans forced himself to his feet, despite the protests from every muscle in his body.
    "Frauline, I am sorry but Königin is not dirty. And she deserves as much respect as anyone else. I cannot stand by and allow you to speak about her that way."
    The girl sneered at him. He wondered how she managed to smile with those metal things stuck through her lips.
    "Oh so you do actually speak English? Not just mumbo jumbo? I'm surprised. Look this neighborhood is trash as it is so just go to Hell where you belong and tell your damn dog not to steal my food anymore. I worked for that food. You probably never did a days work in your life."
    It took every piece of self restraint Hans possessed not to hit this infuriating little child. She didn't look a day over 18 and probably thought she knew everything about life.
    "Listen to me, Madchen. I have had enough of your kinderspiel. You do not know everything simply because you stick metal through your face and you do not know trouble because you got your hamburger stolen. I have seen things and done things that would make your childish mind reel. And neither Königin nor I are going anywhere. We have earned our place. Let's see you do as much!"
    The girl looked like she wanted to say something, but at that moments sirens wailed in the direction of the bank and the girl turned in their direction. Hans took the opportunity to vanish into the shadows with Königin.

    ReplyDelete