Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hell and Hope

I turned off the TV and set down the remote. Saw VI was just like the other five movies: blood and body parts spewing everywhere. I don't know why I like these movies, why I like watching people being ripped to shreds. Probably because the big boobed blond chick died first. In a sick way I was sure I was picturing the girl as my mother. I wouldnt really want to kill my mother...would I? Would I feel bad if I just stormed into their house and beat her to death with a shovel? Nah to messy... How about just sending a bullet through her skull? This was an interesting thought, but just a thought. Oh well...I got up to get a drink out of my fridge. When I walked over I spotted my mail that I hadn't yet opened. Out of curiosity I sifted through the envelopes. Bills...crap I didn't need...more crap I didn't need...There was only one letter there that truely caught my attention. It was from my mother. the print was impecable and neat, probably written with a ruler and hours spent perfecting the letters. I debated opening it up, but gave into my curiosity and tore open the envelope. Inside was a pamflet for a religious camp designed to "purify your spirit and cleanse your soul of your sins." I screamed in rage and ran to my window, chucking the pamphlet out. "Go @#$% yourself Mom!" I screamed as the paper flew throught the air and fluttered to the ground.
I needed to get out, now. I grabbed my keys and left my room slamming the door behind me. I was heading up to the rooftop to clear my head. I stormed down the hallway. I got many weird looks from people I passed, including this man who gave me a smile that was scary enough to send chills down my spine...The others looked me up and down like I was some kind of freak for the way I wanted to dress. Screw them, I didnt need their judgment. I went up the stairs and onto the roof top garden. I closed my eyes and breathed in the semi fresh air and waited for all the thoughts to clear from my head. A bird screech suddenly broke my meditation. I opened my eyes to see an older looking woman looking over the buildings edge with a black crow on her shoulder. Interesting...I wondered if it was her pet. The lady turned around after the bird schreeched at her again. Oh boy, here it comes. She's either going to scream and run away, yell at me to not be such a freak, give me a weird look, or quickly turn back around and pretend I'm not there. Instead, she smiled at me and gave a quick wave. A flutter of happiness ran through my body. She hadn't looked at me like I was from Hell or that I needed to be different. She just smiled at me, like I was a person... I hadnt realized how much I needed that until this woman had done just that. I smiled back and waved. She nodded and then turned back to the scenery. If only my real mother looked at me like that, instead of the way everyone else looked at me. This woman, whoever she was, had made my day. I sighed and sat onto the edge of the ledge. Maybe there was hope for humanity after all...

1 comment:

  1. I could be in my own world up there. I was not interrupted from my thoughts since the half hour before when I caught the gothic girl staring at me. I smiled and waved, but did nothing further. I preferred my own company to humans.

    ReplyDelete